Sunday, March 11, 2012

End of Confinement

Alhamdulillah, it's been past 44 days of confinement. Both mommy and baby are healthy and doing quite well, although baby didn't gain significant weight, he's still gaining weight. Mommy lost the water weight and baby weight, but still very much overweight. :p

Anyways, mama went back home today, so now i'm on my own to care for the little baby, the preschooler and the husband. Thank God i have a maid to help me out this time around. I didn't have a domestic helper back then with my firstborn. Did everything myself, hand-washing baby's clothes, ironing hubby's uniform, cook, etc. How the hell did i do all that then? and how come i'm so bloody freaked out now with my second baby as soon as mama walked out the door?? I was in tears when mama left.. Sigh!

My confinement had been pretty much stress free, except for several occasions, way different from last time. However, i can sense that all the stresses are coming now, with baby's weight gain, his schedule which are not quite clear yet, the big sister's schooling, homework, piano... It's all too overwhelming! Haih... *Deep breaths*

Anyways, back to breastfeeding, just to remind myself, should i get myself into this again. The breastfeeding consultant asked me to do these in my plight to ensuring my baby's weight gain:

1. I need to eat 6 times a day - 3 main meals and 3 snacks. She suggested one hot drink (horlicks/milo/etc.) around 6, a breakfast at 9, lunch at 1, high calorie tea at 4, dinner at 7 and another hot drink before turning in.

2. I need to massage my Bs to stimulate them and increase the fat content of my milk.

3. I've to ensure that baby drinks milk and not fall asleep while feeding for at least 30 minutes to ensure that baby gets the hindmilk.

4. I've to make sure that i feed baby every 2 to 3 hours and wake baby up if he's asleep.

I followed most of her recommendations, just missing numbers 3 and 4 a couple of times, and i do feel some difference in my Bs.. it feels much fuller now than before. I'm going back to the paed this Tuesday and i hope baby gains well..

Hoping and praying that everything goes well. May Allah help me. Amin!~

No comments: