Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pencarian Daycare/Kindy Bermula!

Alas, the full-time housewife period is going to be over soon. Well, in about 7 more months or so, but believe me, it'll be over sooner than i might like to think. Heh.

A part of me is happy to go back to work. A part of me.. well.. not so happy.

Anyways... since dah nak mula kerja balik, sedang giat cari kindy untuk the little guy. We found this place. No big names/popular kindy franchise whatsoever. It uses the montessori method and we really liked the place. Classes are small, and i spent a couple of days there and i was quite amazed to see that the place is pretty quiet and serene for a kindy. You don't hear too much of kids screaming and teachers yelling in response. Everybody speaks softly. Truly amazing!

However... the problem is... my lil guy seemed not ready for a school environment yet. We were given 3 + 4 days free trial.. and he was only ok being left in class by himself on the first day, before he discovered that mommy and daddy will not stay with him at school. The rest of the days, i had to stay in the class with him. Huhu..

Cabaran jugak bila jaga anak sendiri full time, lepas tu nak transition dia pergi sekolah, ek?

Oleh yang demikian, i was thinking that i should leave him at home with the maid under the supervision of my in laws more often. Thus, i'm thinking of taking on tailoring classes. Bila nak buat? Tak tau. Asyik rasa berat hati nak tinggal dia. :p 

The second thing that i thought i should do is to enrol the lil guy in a playgroup of some sort. So, i scouted around for playgroups near my place, and came across this particular playgroup. I called the place and they signed me up for a trial session. To my surprise, they're charging RM50 per child per trial class!! And it's just a one hour class for God's sakes! 

I mean.. i just came from a week of trial classes in a real kindy that uses a proven method of teaching children, and the classes are around 4.5 hours a day, and they gave my kiddo a snack and lunch each day, and they didn't charge us anything! And then, this playgroup trial class wants to charge RM50 for one hour of dancing and arts and crafts??? 

I'm sorry. I can't help but feel that this particular organisation is a rip-off. To add salt to the wound, i didn't receive any reply after i texted my cancellation of joining the trial session. Masa hantar text suruh transfer duit lajuuuuu je. Dah la tu, you charge people heftily, and then you just use free service to communicate with your clients. Pakai whatsapp instead of sms service. Semua kira nak maximize profit je kan?

Sigh! Entahlah. Anyways, i found another playgroup closer to home and we're attending the trial session this Saturday. This playgroup charges RM25.. I think it's reasonable la given that this operator only offer one session a week for a class of less than 15 children. She still needs to pay for the materials and take care of her overheads kan? I get that. Tapi, takdela sampai mencekik darah kan?

Apapun, i hope to see improvements in my lil guy, and i sure hope i can enrol him into kindy come January '14. Mudahkanlah urusan kami ya Allah!


No comments: