Thursday, October 02, 2003

Adei... banyaknya makan. Had a huge lunch at kak Nadras' house today. She had asked Nura for a lift home and invited us in for lunch. We had generous helpings of white rice, beef rendang, fried long beans, chicken and veggie tom yum and anchovies sambal. Gila banyak makan nasik. Nearly double my daily rice intake... really! But that's not all! Me and nura were still craving for something else on the way back to our place, so we stopped by at Kedai Hamdan to get an ice cream each. Umm... yummy. Where had all the diet plans went to? Dont ask. I wish i had an answer to that.

Its not easy to get back into a diet regiment when you've put it on hold for a while. I'd been so drifted away from a sensible diet plan for quite some time now that the idea of not consuming rice (yep.. that staple food of ours) in a day makes me feel kinda dizzy and jumpy and wanting to puke... heheh... nah.. I'm just exaggerating. But still... it's gonna take some time for my tummy to adapt to smaller portioned meals. That doesnt mean that it's impossible though. I should think that my tummy would get used to that idea soon enough. Anyway.. i think i'd had comments from some people motivational enough to kickstart a new, personalized diet plan for myself. I wont be too harsh on myself though. I wont force myself to excercise excessively or put too many restrictions on what i should or shouldnt eat. That wont work. Furthermore, things in excess can be quite dangerous. I'll be a moderate dieter.... might not achieve significant results in a short time... but at least i'll keep my health in check and i wont get trapped in the yoyo diet syndrome and pile on twice my actual weight when i stop dieting. Yikes!

Dan and i had a really long chat on the phone last night. He was at his parents and he passed the call to his mom for a while so that i can speak to her. The first thing she said after i said hello was, "Seronoknya suara you dapat cakap dengan Dan". and i replied quite so nonchalantly' "mestila aunty, dah lama tak cakap dengan dia." hehhe.. Selambe seh... dunno where that came from. Must be overly excited getting to hear his voice after such a long time!!

Charmaine called alqas just now... Our licenses are ready for collection. Yeay!! This means that we are now Licensed Open Water Diver. *winks* :D Next dive site: Phuket. When? God knows... soon i hope... soon after raya.

Okie dokie.. still got to figure out why the tomcat server conveys a HTTP 500 error message. Better get on wit dat. :p

No comments: