Wednesday, January 07, 2004

The alarm went off at 0645 this morning. Switched it off, contemplating on whether to have my morning jog... and decided not to since i'm still rather lethargic from yesterday's whole-day workout (well.. sth like that). So, reset the alarm to 0715 to gimme some more time to sleep before i wake up to prepare for the day. As i was just about to doze off, the phone beeped. An incoming msg. It read "Mak saya dah mengikut abang saya slps 2nd attack malam tadi. Minta sedekahkan al fatihah untuknya." I was awestricken. read the msg again... Innalillahi wa innailaihi rajioon... My hsemate, kak Lina must be very strong to face all this by herself. last Thursday, he brother passed away and her mother was admitted into the ICU on the very same day.. probably due to shock. Last night, it was her mother's turn. It came as a shock to me too since i'd only seen her on Wed, 31st Dec and she didnt look like she was sick or anything. But there it is. Death comes without warning. We human just have to prepare ourselves when it comes to take us.

In the duration of less than a month, i've heard of 3 passings already. And sometimes it makes me wonder if i have enough time to accomplish all the things i want to do with my life. Makes me wonder if i'll be remembered after my death... how people will remember me... snob/bad/bitch or loyal/kindhearted/warm.... I dont know... will i even be the lucky few who's blessed with an eased passing? I pray that i would be.

Hmm.. entahla. Harap-harap keinsafan dalam mengingati mati tak pudar.Btw, marilah sama2 kita menghadiahkan al-fatihah buat muslimin muslimat di serata dunia yang dah pergi meninggalkan kita. May they rest in peace.


No comments: