Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Mommy Brain = scatter brain??

Sigh!~ i think it's getting worse now. I've always been forgetful.. you know the little things... forgetting to take along the mobile charger for travel, loose change for tolls... things like that... But i think, now, being a mommy.. it's just getting worse.

I know something doesn't feel so right with me.. I don't feel like myself. It's weird. I thought it could be just me.. but until my hubby pointed it out recently, yeah i guess something is seriously not "normal" with me.

Post baby, i think i'm such a slob... i don't dress well, i don't take care of my face, my hair.. My desk at the office is a mess, i am absentminded half the time...I just dunno what happened to me. Gone were the days when my skincare regime consists of a cleanser, a moisturizer with UV protection and a two-way powder. Now it's just water, while i hurrying in the shower (yes.. i don't even powder my face anymore). I don't really have clothes that i think can flatter my postnatal figure, but still, i just make do with what i have, even though it's a bit tight here and there (and try to avoid standing in front of the mirror). My forgetfulness seem to get worse; i'd usually forget one thing or the other. Fact is, i dunno where my brain is most of the time. everything that happens were just a blur of activities. Yesterday seemed like ages ago. It's quite sad.

So today.. i browsed the net, trying to find the causes of this scatter-braininess. It seems like i'm not alone. Quite a lot of sites i visited were abt mommies having the mommy-brain condition. It offers some kind of relief.. at least i'm not the only one with this problem.

One parenting website associated this condition to sleep deprivation, stress, diet and multitasking. Yeah... i couldn't agree more. The first one, definitely. The second point.. well i guess it affects me too eventhough i go on telling people and trying to convince myself that i'm not stressed. Diet - lack of iron, yes.. and multitasking - when you don't focus on doing sth because you're focusing on other things at the same time.

I guess i'd have to slow down a bit.. Live the moment. Take some me time once in a while. The baby will be alright if i spend a little bit longer in the shower.. and she'll still be fine if i leave her with my hubby or my mom for a while and take some time off to pamper myself... Yeah.. she would be ok... I'd have to remind myself of these things.. and the fact that it's ok to take a break, and return as a more energetic mommy.

No comments: