Monday, November 24, 2008

Little Pip Squeak

As a perk-me-up on this wet monday morning (plus the fact tht i didn't get to watch my boss on selamat pagi malaysia this morning coz the darn astro broke down), i'll update on my little dear pip squeak.

Sarah is currently 22 months old, only 2 months away from the terrible two. Somehow, we think she's started with the terrible two's qualities. Sigh!~ She can speak quite a number of words now. From simple words like banana and shoes to more advanced word like ointment. I can understand her most of the time. I'm not sure if others could too though. Hehe.

My hubby and i, we turn to jelly when she says mummy or daddy in her sweetest voice, while bending her body sideways. (Boleh bayang tak?) Iskk... and believe me when i say she knows when and how to use that weapon of hers. Iskk.. sabar je la..

Sometimes, she surprises us with the things that she's capable of. One of which is singing. She can sing quite a number of nursery rhymes (some of which i only come to know recently, thanks to Bananas In Pajamas), macam Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, The Wheels On A Bus, Little Nut Tree, Polly Put The Kettle On. Sigh!~ I think that came from the daily dose of Bananas In Pajamas/Barney that she watches. We limit it to one episode a day only though. Tak sanggup nak tgk dvds after dvds of the two bananas nor the purple dinosour.

One day, when i was in the kitchen preparing dinner, she was in the maid's room, playing and i could hear the radio from that room. The song on air was "No One" by Alicia Keys. Then she came to me and sang "No one, no one, no one..." and i was like.. whaa...? And then there's this other time, in the car when the song "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. Tiba to this line, "I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm sure..." ada pulak suara kecik yang turut sama nyanyi. Well, of course she can't say all the words perfectly, buti was really amazed that she could sing along to that tune!! I mean, me the adult can't catch the lyrics of that song that much, tiba2 my 21 mths old daughter sing along to that very song?? Wallaweyy...

Sigh!~ Sarah, sarah. (and i feel that i could hear her repeating after me, "sarah, sarah"). Macam macam.

Oh.. updates on the school. We went to see the two schools that we intended to see last saturday. The first school we saw was pathetic, so it's a definite no-go. The second school (which i went on my own earlier this month), was ok. I came to know that the school isn't a franchise system, which to me is good since the monitoring will be direct from the HQ. We got to meet the principal, and my hubby and i think that it's worth giving a shot. The price is quite high, but which parent doesn't want the best for their kids, right? So we're going to get her registered for 2009 session, but we'll start off with 2 days/week sessions, so that the change won't be too abrupt for her.

Ok.. off to update my presentation for tmrw's lecture. :)

No comments: