Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Month of May and Food Galore

Sekejap je sudah masuk bulan 5. Tak lama lagi, setengah tahun dah berlalu. Bulan 5 juga akan menandakan umur aku bertukar daripada 28 ke 29. Tak lama lagi, angka 2 berubah pulak ke angka 3. Uhhh.. that's rather creepy. Better start nourishing my skin with anti ageing skincare. :p Not that i'm afraid of getting old or anything. Just want to grow old as gracefully as i can. Heh.

Many birthdays within our family fall in the month of May. And, when there are birthdays, there WILL be FOOD. :) Just last sunday, we had a surprise birthday celebration for my Mak Lang. Yep, and we really caught her by surprise. *Suka*. And we had the heavenly chocolate indulgence cake along with other tea-time goodies.

Yesterday was sarah's cousin, little cayden's birthday. He might have a birthday party coming up, but so far no news yet.

Coming up will be my FIL's, my mom's and mine. FIL wants to have his birthday dinner at KDE. My mom, i think i want to give her a spa treat (always a 2 in 1 thing, mother's day and birthday) and i wanted my birthday lunch to be at the coliseum (think baked crab, old fashioned bread with butter and succulent steak). Yummmm..

Ok, enough about birthday celebrations.

Lately, my cooking mood had been driving me to cook all sorts of stuffs. Well.. ok, tak la banyak sangat. Tapi, it's quite significant dari masa-masa yang tak ada mood nak masak. I have so many recipe line-up to try. I have tried baking chocolate cake, scones, and making cream puffs. But my cream puff needs more practice. I've tried making it twice and they suck. :p Taste was ok, but they look pitiful because i didn't get the technique quite right. Senang je sebenarnya, but i guess i overlooked some points.

Other than sweet, comfort food, i also tried my hands on savoury goodies. I made quesadilla, and hubby liked it and wanted it to be a once-a-week meal. I also made fish pie and chicken pie. Well, i used ready made puff pastry, of course. Those turned out great as well, and both hubby and daughter enjoyed them. Sarah especially enjoyed the puff pastry which i rolled and coiled and told her that it's a caterpillar (so that she will enjoy eating it. Hehe. Bahaya jugak tu. Takut dia makan pulak caterpillar kalau jumpa kat laman. Heh.. tapi, tak kot?? At this age, they have passed that put-everything-in-your-mouth stage (i hope).

Next in line, i want to upgrade my fish pie into a seafood pie and intend to add some seared scallops, shrimps and put more dill to go with it. I also intend to substitue half of the mash with cauliflower, so that sarah (and hubby) can get their share of veggie. Campur sikit sour cream and chives in that mash would be nice too, i think. Hmm.. bila nak try ni?

I also want to make some beef fajita for dinner, one of these nights. Hubby had already bought some steaks. Tapi nak pergi cari fajita mix, kalau la ada jual kat alamanda ni. Kinda doubtful that they have it, but it's worth a shot.

Lepas tu pulak, nak buat apple pie. Tak jadi buat for hubby's birthday sebab my MIL nak buat. So now that we've finished that apple pie, boleh la buat new batch. This time, internet recipe. Hehehe. Lepas tu jugak, nak try new cupcake recipe for sarah's snack box for school, and nak try buat danish pastry. Tengok sugar-anna olson punya pasal la ni. Hehehe...

Masalahnya bila ada mood masak ni ialah ada jugak mood makan... Yang AMAT menjejaskan dayet. :p

1 comment:

cik Di said...

Een....ko citer makan2 yg sume sedap2 belaka.. apakata ko letak pics n recipe sekali so that i can try? heheh..aku suke mkn2 ni