Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Panic Attack
Went for nurul's presentation today. Cuak! Beads of sweat running down my back, my heart beats frantically, my head starts to think aboout everything at once. So many things to do, so little time, so many people pressing me to hurry up! Hmm.. ni baru belajar.. belum kerja. Well... i don't crack that easily. I'm gonna finish what i'd started.

Men Are Frm Mars
I called Dan today to share my insecurities and anxiousness regarding my project, and it seems that he was listening quietly to me and somewhere in between he said "The *book you gave me said that i should just listen and not offer solutions" And i was like... yeah.. sure..duh!~ That's not the kind of listening that i was looking for (and that surely wasnt the kind of listening suggested by the book) . Usually when i pour my heart to my girlfriends, they'll anticipate in what i have to say and they'll show real empathy and they'll be eager to listen to me; not merely pretending to listen for the sake of listening whatsoever. They'll understand, and say things that makes me feel better. Why can't he do that? Why don't i feel that kind of support and comfort from him? I want to be able to share my problems with him (because he was complaining to me once that i don't share my problems) But, if this is what happens when i do.. i think i'd rather not. :(

Oh dear.. is this my mind talking or am i just saying things because i'm upset? <:(

*Gray, John. "Men Are From Mars,Women Are From Venus", 3rd edition.

No comments: