Wednesday, February 21, 2007

On the road to induction...

I'm 13 days overdue today and went for my weekly checkup this morning. The dr doesn't seem quite happy that i'm still pregnant. Heh. Like i am la kan. Anyways, she said we can't wait any longer because the placenta might deteriorate, and that in turn could cause fetal distress, which may make the baby pass motion in utero, which could then lead to the baby suffocating on the faeces. Hmmm... yeah... i read about that a couple of times already. So the dr scheduled me for an induction at midnight tonight, and i was asked to be at the hospital at 10pm. Sigh!~

It's kinda scary when you know that something's really gonna happen to you. I dunno which one is scarier now... Labour taking you by surprise, or a planned one? Hmmmm....

I guess after all my days of frustrations, this will be it. At midnight the dr will start me on a drip, and she said that it'll probably take around 6 -12 hours to work. So, i'd probably have my baby early tmrw morning or so.. I dunno. Starting to get the shivers on the impending labour now. I've been reading up on relaxation techniques and stuffs, but heck... reading the theory is on thing kan... actually applying it is completely another.

I appreciate everyone's concerns of my well being, but i'm sorry, i was really too overwhelmed with frustration that i just shut myself out completely for a couple of days. I'd put my phone on silent and only received calls from my mom. Friends, i'm sorry if i did't reply your messages or calls. I couldn't handle myself well at that time. To aznor, Congrats for finishing your masters and doing well for your viva. Sorry aku tak sms ko to wish you good luck... but i know you don't need luck anyway. Aku yakin ko boleh lepas viva dengan jayanya, no luck needed.

Hmm.. i guess that's about it kot, before i go into labour. Again, to my frens, i apologize for any wrong doings, or anything that i'd done that might've hurt you in any way. Please pray for our safety during labour, moga2 dipermudahkan segalanya. Amin!~ :)

No comments: