Friday, March 07, 2008

The Heat Is On!

Election day is TOMMORROW!! For the past week.. or rather since i checked my eligibility to vote and my voting post online, i'v e been contemplating whether or not to cast my vote this year. This is due to several causes.. One of which, i'm still broken by the incident during 2004 elections --> the EC secretariats at the polling post where i should vote couldn't find my name. I went to several other polling stations and my name still wasn't in any of the list, but when i checked it online prior to the election day, i'm a registered voter at a specific polling station (the first one i went to where they couldn't find my name). I was very frustrated for not being able to vote when my excitement to vote was to the brim. I don't think its an issue of conspiracy whatsoever.. I just think that they should be more efficient. So there. One of the reasons i still have reservations whether or not to go out and vote tmrw. Other reasons, i won't disclose for public viewing. :) Hehe. It could get me in trouble you know! ;)

The heat of the election makes me miss our beloved former PM even more. No, i haven't moved on. To me he's the only person who has what it takes to be a good and effective leader. He's got discipline, forward thinking, vision, knowledge... most of which our current leaders are lacking.

Back in the good old days, prior to independence and a few years post independence, leaders went into politics for the sake of the community, for the sake of their people. Now, MOST enter politics for the sake of their own. Only a small minority does it for the sake of the nation. Which is very sad. Very, very sad indeed.

Sigh!~ Regardless of what i feel, politics will still remain as it is. And whether or not i'll go out and cast my vote tomorrow.. well.. who knows?

No comments: