Monday, April 28, 2003

Hello world!!! woke up on a monday morning with a very nice feeling... :) weird, but true. Went visiting Dan again at HBPP... his condition is improving, alhamdulillah... and i cant wait for him to get outta there. Guess what.. went lunching with his parents as well....hehehe.. details as follows....

Meet The Parents Episode 1
Date: April 24th, 2003 (Thursday)
Venue:HBPP Outside SARS Ward


Just came back from Gurney Plaza with Nura after Maghrib prayers. Spent some time at the hosp already with Dan before going to Gurney and his mom called telling him that they're on the way. His mom asked me to wait for them... uh-oh... No where to hide.. no reasons to escape!!! So, all the way from Gurney Plaza to HBPP, i was trying to calm myself in the car.. i sang, i shouted, i danced (yep.. all that in the car!) til Nura asked me.. "What is wrong with you??" heheh... Nothing is wrong... other than the fact that i'm dead nervous about meeting Dan's parents for the first time!!!! Duh!~

Okay.. after a very short drive, we were at the hosp. My heart felt like it's ready to make a jump out of my system, my knees felt kinda jellyish... and the butterfly in my stomach might have grown to be a t-rex!! Despite all that, i managed to actually walk towards the SARS wards, looking calm... or so i think la... and when i reached the place... there they were!!! at that time, her mom was speaking with Dan thru the phone.. so i crept up behind them... smiling... (smiles do wonders to hide what's actually going on inside you!) When her mom hung up, she turned towards me and greeted me by my name... and i shook her hands (+cium tangan) and she hugged me and kissed me... phew!!! That was really a relief! Then.. salam uncle pulak.... he looked tired.. kesian uncle!

Since it was already 8+, they said they'd better return to the hotel.. so i asked them where they're staying and if they know their way around.. and his mom said they do coz she stayed in penang before settling down with uncle Nizar... now that's something Dan never told me about... Hmmph... Then she asked if we're going home right after and i told her that we were. She offered us to stay at the hotel with them coz she was worried about us having to drive all the way to n.tebal at night.. but of course, we had to turn her down. So, she asked me to give her a call when we arrive coz she said she's really worried... :) So sweet!

Verdict:
When Dan called me later that night, he said that his mom liked me! Hehehhe... Thank God!!! Turned out that his mom's ok. His dad too... They're really nice and not the scary people as pre-programmed in my head... hehehe... Well.. one must always prepare for the worst right.. so pictures in my head is always the worst-case scenarios ones...

Meet The Parents Episode 2
Date: April 27th, 2003
Venue:HBPP Outside SARS Ward


I was hanging out outside Dan's window, smsing him instead of calling because my new battery had drained off power after talking to him earlier.Then, when his reply came on my phone, my phone was already giving out this loud buzz indicating that the battery's terribly low and i kinda cursed and jumped around a little as i was checking his msg because of the damn battery... and... suddenly i heard " Noreen...." Uwaaa!! Shock of my life.. his mom was standing there beside me!!! So i suddenly became this timid, sweet person.. " ermm.. oh.. aunty.. you're here already.." salam...salam... (I really hope she didnt hear me curse!!) Then. she gave out 2 surgical masks and asked me to wear one and give the other to Nura. So thoughtful of them!!

Then, after a while, we went out for lunch. She'd invited me to do so the day before when i called her saying that i might go and visit Dan on Sunday.. and she went like "Oh... maybe we can go for lunch together. And i said.. yeah.. y not..So.. she asked where we'd like to go... so i forwarded the question to Nura coz i dunno.. and finally, we agreed to go to komtar...

Felt so tiny sitting there in the car.. even with Nura there with me.. Dan was supposed to be there with me!Not nura... but of course, i'm thankful that Nura was there.. at least i wasnt alone to face all that!! Her mom asked about my family.. abt my mom.. my bro..where i live.. my birthday... how often i go back....hmm... dya think something fishy might be going on here????? i certainly hope not..... I'm not ready to attend any family dinners yet!!!

When we were at Komtar, we went to this nasi kandar place and i dunno y but the idea of eating with fork and spoon just didnt register in my head... so i asked for chicken.... hehehehe... clever gal... And.. this mamak gave me this really big portion of chicken wing.. When all of us sat at the table, and each one reaching for a pair of fork and spoon.. then, reality started sinking in.... I'd hafta eat with fork and spoon and i'm eating chicken wing!!!! Dan's supposed to be there to debone the chicken for me!!! Again.. Uwaaa!!!! So... i sat there, holding my fork as firmly as possible... and dig into the chicken... and get the meat out bit by bit... slowly.. trying not to try too hard and appear effortless... heheh.. when inside i was praying that the chicken wont go flying out of my plate into someone else's!! (Which.. if that happened.. it would most probably be her mom's coz she was sitting in front of me)... Luckily for me.. everything went fine.. i didnt finish the chicken... which is kinda dissapointment coz the chicken was good... but at least, i still have it in my plate until after i was done eating... Phew!!!~~ :)

Verdict:
Later that night, Dan called as usual and told me that his mom loves me!!!! She said i'm sweet (ekhem!), soft spoken (Wakakakakaaa!!!) and bersopan santun (LOL n rolling on the ground!). Oh boy! hehhe.. that's the advantage of being a Gemini... If you play your parts well, only the goody-goody twin gets exposed and be in the limelight. The wicked, naughty twin is reserved for those close to you. ]:)

Ok.. so that was it.... meeting Dan's parents. Apparently, meeting them for the first time had been a really nice, beautiful and an unforgettable experience for me. Thinking about it, i'm so lucky that his parents are so kind and very welcoming and made my first encounter with them a very pleasant one. :) There goes my 1st hurdle.... the 2nd one (and counting!) awaits!! meeting the rest of the family.. and attending to almas!! .....good luck gurl!

No comments: