Thursday, April 17, 2003

I dunno why but when i was about to retreat home yesterday, frens called me and talked about their problems. I could just listen coz i really dont know what to do or say to them... i could only wish them the best and tell them to be brave to face everything that comes along the way.

More or less the problems i heard from these friends were about health problems. One friend was diagnosed with a cyst in one of her ovaries and she had to undergo an ultrasound, plus some other painful procedures to retrieve the cells of the cyst. When the result came, the cyst turns out to be a functional one and it may develop into cancer. She said that doctors cant remove just the cyst alone, instead the whole ovary has to be removed in order to get rid of it. Luckily, that doesnt have to be done now.... but she said she has to go for an ultrasound again if her pains persists.

Another friend was telling me about his girlfriend, who suffered from ovarian cancer. The girl is younger than i am... maybe about 2 yrs younger. He said that the girl had gone through a series of surgeries and the most recent one was a couple of weeks ago in switzerland. After the op, she was unconscios for a few days and was admitted to the ICU. Then, when she had regained her consciousness, she's paralyzed... the whole body. I was shocked.. and really sad to hear about it... i became speechless... i dont know what to say to him... I could only listen.

After all that, i realized now that i've been taking my good health for granted. I'm so lucky to be blessed with a good health... The only ailment that i'd come across were the common cold and mild fever... That didnt make me thankful enough.... I'd still complaint about my physique.... and... dont take much care of myslef and sometimes do things that can harm myself.... I'm so guilty towards myself.... From now on, i'm going to love me the way i am.. and pamper myself as much as i can!! PROMISE!

Ok.. to all my friends.. bare that in mind too... sometimes we get obsessed to lose weight/ get a great figure and forget that we might be harming ourselves... All that for what??? The key is not to overdo.... do things a little at a time. Good health has to be maintained. What you are now reflects what you will be in the future... hehe.. tell that to myself too!

Off to do a little SPICE..

P/S: Going to penang at 1100 later.... cant hardly wait!!

No comments: